Why SMS Marketing is Better Than Email Marketing?
Email marketing is a more known channel as compared to SMS Marketing but when we talk about effectiveness then SMS marketing has way better results than the other channels. In single line, this service is made for direct interaction with the customers in limited words and Email campaigns are mostly for educating the audience in brief about the service or product they are talking about. Both of the tactics have a few things in common like reaching many customers in a single day and generating leads, both are used for promotional and Transactional updates etc.
One-on-One between SMS and Email Campaigns
Let’s know about the positive and negative aspects of both services and let the business owner decide their preference
- The open rate in SMS is 90% whereas Email has just a 20% of opening ratio.
- The click rate in the SMS is 9.18% higher than every communication platform including Email, which has only 2.5% of total clicks out of an entire campaign
- Usually, an average person checks their message in 40-90 seconds, but emails are not checked that frequently.
- The Lead Generation cost of SMS Marketing is way lower than Email marketing.
SMS Marketing and Email Campaign:
Both of the channels have their own advantages to be acknowledged which we will be reading further but before that, the key point is that the maximum clientele that is expected, comes from these both channels. They can be said to be the machine of generating business which just needs electricity of basic funds.
Advantages of SMS Marketing:
- Bulk SMS campaign allows you to directly reach out to your potential customer
- SMS marketing has an 80% of open rate within 15 minutes of the time the message was sent
- This helps you reach all your potential customers no matter how much they are. The only thing you need is their cell phone number and a robust Bulk SMS panel of WebXion Technologies
- The sender has a limitation on words so they can start by greeting and in the end share a link which will directly redirect the person to the offer.
- Everything needs an internet connection to access but not in reading a message. Customers need no internet or Wi-Fi connection to access their message box.
- Email can get reported as spam, but a message couldn’t
Advantages of Email Marketing:
- The best part about email campaign is you can send a long form of content to reading enthusiasts
- You can share the Newsletter through an Email campaign and update your audience about your business activities
- You can showcase more products in the content itself by creating a standard image template which you can send in the campaign
- Most of the Email audience are working professionals. You can create a promotion as per their needs like upcoming courses, accessories, stationaries etc.
Few ways to use SMS Marketing and Email Marketing together:
- Suppose a customer bought something online from your store then send the order confirmation via email and keep giving delivery status updates through SMS
- Similarly, send an email for a new launch and then send a bulk SMS to update everyone about a flash sale on a new product
- Create a promotion through text messages and newsletters through email
The above reading states that Email marketing is a potential channel for some businesses, but SMS marketing is preferred for every business and there are many facts that message campaigns are way better than an Email campaign. Both of the tactics have their own way to generate business but if we talk about results then SMS marketing will always be on top and not only from email marketing but from every communication channel that is used for business promotion.