What is DLT in Bulk SMS Service?
What is DLT in Bulk SMS Service? Why does DLT require to send SMS?
DLT Means Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT).
DLT stands for Distributed Ledger Technology which is a blockchain-based technology for the telecom registration system. According to Telecom Regulatory Authority of India [TRAI] regulations, every Organization has to do DLT registration, if they want to use Bulk SMS service.
In this Blog, we will see the entire process of DLT registration and its importance
Every organization has to do DLT registration under the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India [TRAI]
The reason behind creating DLT was rising spam and fraud alerts. People were using SMS services to send Fraudulent messages and disturb people’s peace. Before TRAI was the one to give approval for using Promotional or Transactional SMS Service but soon when they found that the service was being misused then now every telemarketer or SMS service user has to submit the request to DLT and then that goes to TRAI and if all the documents are submitted as per guidelines, then the one can start using SMS service.
DLT has broken the chain of fraud SMS and not even that Under TRAI regulations customers can only receive that message they allow like they can activate the DND service and set the preferences.
DLT keeps track of all activities that are performed by any organization. They don’t just have to register an entity but other things also like sender id specifically for both promotional and transactional and a template that is to be sent in SMS. DLT keeps an eye on all the data and if they find something violating their guidelines then it directly gets rejected. Without DLT approval no one can send the SMS to the customer as it is a mandatory process for Bulk SMS service.
Different Entities that are involved under TRAI
Here we will talk about the senders, receivers and service providers who are a part of SMS service under DLT
- Sender Entity: – A business or a person who is using the SMS service for promoting his/her business and at the same time using transactional SMS service either.
- Telemarketer: – Telemarketers are the service provider who gets businesses registered under DLT and helps them with the approval for sender id and SMS templates.
For Example: WebXion Technologies
- Telecom Operators: – All of our messages go through the telecom operator’s network. You can find the option of DLT registration in their website portal.
Some of the Telecom Operators in India are – Jio, BSNL, Airtel, VI, Videocon, MTNL etc.
Why is DLT Registration Important for SMS Service?
- It prevents Fraud Alerts and scams which means no one can send bulk SMS without registering under DLT
- Every template made will need DLT approval so, there are no chances for irrelevant context.
- If there is any text error in the SMS, then the Message will remain unsend. For example, if Hello becomes ello, such text errors will not pass to the customers.
- DLT never lets a message be sent to the person who has not been permitted to receive it. The SMS can only be sent to the customer who has not activated the DND [Do not disturb] service.
Being a service provider WebXion has a dedicated team of experts to provide help in DLT registration. From filling out the application form to sender id and template approval everything can be done in one place.